Northern Newfoundland Groomer Details
The northern area covers trails from the Hawke’s Bay area – St. Anthony area.
NWT – North West Trackers – Hawke’s Bay, Port Saunders Area
* Bakers Gulch Rd to Port Saunders
* Hawkes Bay to Camp 12
*Feb 22nd . Trail groomed from Hawkes bay to Baker’s Gulch Pond and to Camp 12 .
* Feb 25 – Hawkes Bay to Port Saunders
* Feb 28- Hawkes Bay to Camp 12 and back to Hawkes Bay
Section of Trail from Port Saunders north to Squid Cove Road does not have adequate snow to groom .
LRR – Long Range Riders – Plum Point & Area:
*Feb 22nd.Reefs harbour southward to Squid Cove Road. South of that ,inadequate snow to connect to Port Saunders.
*Feb23rd Trail groomed to Reefs Harbour then northward to a small bridge just South of Blue Cove . Bridge is impassable with groomer and needs to be repaired.
March 1st Trail Groomed from Main Brook to Reefs Harbour and south to Castor River . Trail groomed northward to the bridge that is out just a little south of Blue Cove. Use caution in the area .
NESC – North Eastern Snowmobile Club – Main Brook & Area:
* Feb 14 – Main Brook to Englee and Return – Groomed
*Feb 22nd and 23rd . Trail groomed from Main Brook to Reefs harbour.
*Feb 24th Trail groomed from Main Brook to Englee.
March 12th Trail groomed from Main Brook to Englee . Use CAUTION as there may be holes and small streams broken out with the mild temperatures .
NDSC – Northern Drifters Snowmobile Club – St. Anthony & Area:
*Feb 16/13 - St. Anthony to Ship Cove Groomed.
Feb 22/13 Trail groomed St Anthony to Airport to Main brook.
Feb 23/13 Trail groomed St Anthony to Raleigh and to Hay Cove.
Feb 24th Community Connector Trail to St Anthony Bight, St.Carols and Great Brehat groomed .
Feb 25th. Overnight, the Trail was groomed from St Anthony to the high traffic area to Stock Pond and Manuals Path Connector.
March 11th . Trail groomed from St Anthony to Saunders Mill . Use Caution. Mild temperatures may have caused cave-ins and break-out of the small streams .
April 1st . Overnight, the Trail was groomed to Saunders Mill and as well a touch- up of the Manuals Path Connector . Trail is in excellent condition for this time of year so enjoy the Easter Monday Riding .
* Driver Update April 1 – The trails are in excellent condition with lots of snow and cold temps at night so grooming is possible If the weather holds as is grooming will continue for a few more days yet! The driver would like to thank everyone for the positive feedback!!!
* Driver Update April 9 – As of Early morning on April 8 the trails to Saunders Mill and Manuals Path had been groomed! Currently there is more snow than any other time this winter and if the temperatures cooperate there will be still good going for awhile yet!
April 5th 2013
Trail groomed overnight to Saunders Mill and Manuals Path Connector . Another 10cms of snow forcasted for tomorrow. Maybe riding till may Month as conditions are ideal on most sections of Trail.
Quick Reminders List of up and coming NLSF.org Events
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Read more ... from our Monthly Calendar of Events