Central Newfoundland Groomer Details
The central area covers trails from the Baie Verte area to the Glovertown – Terra Nova area.
DSA – Dorset Snowmobile Association – Baie Verte & Area:
*Feb 14 – Hampden Junction to Baie Verte Junction Groomed
*Feb 22/23- Baie Verte to Middle Arm, Burlington, La Scie – Groomed
* Feb 25 – Groomed from La Scie to La Scie highway
* Feb 26 – Groomed from La Scie Highway to Black Brook Route 410
* Feb 27 – Groomed from Black Brook To TCH and returned to Baie Verte
* Feb 28 – Left Kippens Ridge and went to Baie Verte then back to the Groomer Shed
* All Trails on the Baie Verte Peninsula were groomed as of Feb 28 and are in good condition*
* Club Update -March 14 – There will be no further grooming in the Dorset area. You can still snowmobile, however, the conditions are springlike and you will see some little streams across the trail so use extreme caution.
GBSA – Green Bay Snowmobile Association – Springdale & Area:
*Feb 15 – Springdale to TCH Junction Groomed
* Feb 19- South Brook – Roberts Arm – Return
*Feb 21- South Brook – South Water – Butts Esso
* Feb 22 – Butts Esso – Baie Verte Jct. – Butts Esso
* Feb 24 – Butts Esso – Springdale – Kings Point
* Feb 25 – Kings Point – Rattling Brook – Kings Point
* Feb 26 – Kings Point - Gull Pond – Gull Pond
* Feb 28 – Kings Point to Springdale Jct
* Driver Update March 14 – The trails are are not in the greatest condition. Any further grooming will depend on the weather and if there is any further snow.
ESA – Exploits Snowmobile Association – Grand Falls – Windsor & Area:
*Feb 21/13 NLSF has beet informed that the ice-crossing at Peter’s river in Newbay road is out…very slushy and groomer will have to cut out to the road and then backtrack to the trail. Be careful on that section. the ice will re-form after a few riders cross Peter’s and compact the slush. Hoping to have the groomer do Newbay on Sat. afternoon…as long as the temps drop!!
*Feb22-24 – Ibex to New Bay Trail and then back to Ibex
*Feb 25 – Left GFW went up railbed, around Cornfield Lake, across to Dawes Pond, up railbed to Millertown Junction – then returned to GFW
*Feb 27 – GFW – Pine Camps – Sunday Pond – GFW
* Feb 28 – Ibex – New Bay- Ibex
* Driver update March 18 – The bogs are mostly bare and where there are pools of water there is ice. The brooks are open. Some of the roads are still able to be travelled but please use caution.
NDSA – Notre Dame Snowmobile Association – Lewisporte & Area:
*Feb 22 – Red Fox to Chalet, Chalet to Crusher Rd and back to Groomer hut
*Feb 23 – Groomer Hut to Glenwood
*Feb 27 – No current information from local club -
* Club update March 14 – There will be no further grooming unless there is significant snowfall. Right now the trails are in usuable condition but any further rain may ruin them
GASC – Gander & Area:
* March 6/13 – Gander – Gambo and return
* March 7/13 – Gander – Glenwood and return
* March 8/13 – Gander – Gambo and return
* March 10/13 – Gander – Glenwood and return – Ganer town trails
* March 11/13 – Gander – Gambo and return
*March 18/13 – Club Update: No further grooming without significant snowfall. Many areas of the trail have “no” snow and trail is bare. There are still some snow covered areas. Conditions not good for riding
KSA – Kittiwake Snowmobile Association:
*Feb 13 - Groomed
*Feb 19/20th – Grooming was done both days
* March 7/8 – New-Wes-Valley to Centerville – including some branch roads
* Club Update – Last groomed March 9 and unfortunately the trails are no longer in great condition.
TNT – Terra Nova Trailriders – Glovertown & Area:
*Feb 21 – Glovertown to North West River Groomed
*Feb 22 – Local trails Groomed
*Feb 23 – Glovertown to Benton Groomed
*Feb 24 – Glovertown to North West River Groomed
*Feb 25 – Local trails Groomed (Delayed Mechanical Problems)
*Feb 26 – Brides Hill, Hussys Head Lookout,Warming Shelter to Groomer Shed
North west Arm Muddy Cove, Rocky Bight Groomed
*Feb 28 - Glovertown to North West River Groomed
*March 5 – Local Trails Groomed
*March 6 – Glovertown to North West River Groomed (Evidence of Moose on the trail at Night around Warming Shelter top of Maccles, Slow Down at Night)
*March 8 – Glovertown to Gambo Return Groomed*March 9 - Glovertown to North West River Groomed *March 10 - Glovertown to Gambo Return Groomed ( Word is the trails are best condition of the winter) CAUTION——-TRAIL IS CLOSED & IMPASSABLE BETWEEN SAUNDERS COVE MARSH AND NORTHWEST POND ROAD WHERE TRAIL IS ALONGSIDE THE BROOK———CAUTION * Club Update March 14 – Most of the trails were still in good condition and the back country is perfect along with Southwest Country trail. If snow arrives then they will send the groomer out!
Quick Reminders List of up and coming NLSF.org Events
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Read more ... from our Monthly Calendar of Events