TRAIL SAFETY WARNINGS:
NLSF would like to get a notice out to all clubs. All areas that have experienced the heavy rain and mild temperatures should put an advisory out to the snowmobiling public about the possibility of flooding on the trails. It would be advisable that snowmobilers avoid riding for the next while. We have also received a phone call from an employee from the city of Corner brook notifying us about a washout in curling, area of Snooks rd and Knights rd, he said it looks dangerous in this area.
CAUTION NOTICE: Safety Message: for Jan 31, 2013
The snowmobile season is up and running in most areas on the island and groomed trails in some areas are being enjoyed by the avid sledder, while other areas still wait for enough snow to groom.
- Please ride responsibility.
- Take time to know the area you snowmobile in and never ride alone.
- One is the loneliest number.
- Ride with a friend.
- File a plan with a family member, your proposed route and estimated time of return.
- Stay with your plan.
- Carry the necessary supplies and equipment to get yourself or a friend out of trouble.
- Check here often for more details and information.
Terry Smith—NLSF Safety Coordinator
Also, a Season Snowmobile Safety Message.
Be sure to service you sled for the upcoming snowmobile season. Some things to look for is working headlight, tail lights and brake light. Check your ski-rods and replace if necessary. Check the drive belt and carry a spare one along with spare spark plugs as well.
Just a friendly reminder that the snow is just around the corner. Stay away from water areas. Keep safe and enjoy.
Also, have a quick read and test your knowledge on Snowmobile Safety.
Terry Smith; NLSF Safety Coordinator
Quick Reminders List of up and coming NLSF.org Events
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Read more ... from our Monthly Calendar of Events